NSW AMES has developed comprehensive receptive skills and language awareness testing from beginner to post intermediate levels. These are a guide to starting points in the World Wide English courses. The guides are organised in three blocks, with learners moving through from the first one until they find their own level.
Why you need it
Expand YOUR world. Be confident communicating in English speaking environments.
- Make friends speaking English
- Go shopping and to restaurants with confidence
- Negotiate business transactions in English
- Travel the world
- Work in multi-national companies or overseas
You will need:
You will need a modern browser. Please visit Browse Happy to choose a modern browser. The minimum supported version for each major browser is:
- Google Chrome: version 48
- Mozilla Firefox: version 44
- Internet Explorer: version 11
- Pop-up blockers should be turned off.
You will need the latest version of these plug-ins. The minimum supported version for each is:
The recommended screen resolution is 1280×1024. The minimum supported resolution is 1024×768.
- Broadband internet connection
- Speakers and/or headphones
You will need to log in to the Learning Management System (LMS) to use the courses. Please note that you will automatically be logged out of the LMS after 2 hours of inactivity. You must close the course window to save your course results before you are logged out.