Negotiating is an important high level speaking skill for workplace contexts. This online course uses common workplace contexts to explore the topic, the language and the interactional skills needed. Learners get the chance to see examples of negotiation strategies, then to practise and apply them.The course is based around three video interactions, analysis of the language elements and other spoken communication essentials such as voice quality, stress and intonation. You then build your own skills using a range of dynamic tools and background readings.
Why You Need It
Improve your career prospects through strong communication.
- Learn how to be polite, yet assertive
- Negotiate with confidence to achieve better outcomes
- Participate in team meetings
- Be understood by your colleagues and boss
- Get promoted at work
You will need:
You will need a modern browser. Please visit Browse Happy to choose a modern browser. The minimum supported version for each major browser is:
- Google Chrome: version 48
- Mozilla Firefox: version 44
- Internet Explorer: version 11
- Pop-up blockers should be turned off.
You will need the latest version of these plug-ins. The minimum supported version for each is:
The recommended screen resolution is 1280×1024. The minimum supported resolution is 1024×768.
- Broadband internet connection
- Speakers and/or headphones
You will need to log in to the Learning Management System (LMS) to use the courses. Please note that you will automatically be logged out of the LMS after 2 hours of inactivity. You must close the course window to save your course results before you are logged out.