This short online course develops the language of jobseeking and skills for finding work in Australia.. It covers four critical areas: getting ready for work, looking for work, applying for a job and the job interview and it comes packed with hints, samples, language practice and practical suggestions.
Why You Need It
To be successful you need to understand the Australian jobseeking market.
- Learn the language of jobseeking
- Understand what Australian employers are looking for
- Learn how to tailor your jobseeking to local conditions
- Learn how to promote yourself in person, on the phone and in writing
- Be confident
You will need:
You will need a modern browser. Please visit Browse Happy to choose a modern browser. The minimum supported version for each major browser is:
- Google Chrome: version 48
- Mozilla Firefox: version 44
- Internet Explorer: version 11
- Pop-up blockers should be turned off.
You will need the latest version of these plug-ins. The minimum supported version for each is:
The recommended screen resolution is 1280×1024. The minimum supported resolution is 1024×768.
- Broadband internet connection
- Speakers and/or headphones
You will need to log in to the Learning Management System (LMS) to use the courses. Please note that you will automatically be logged out of the LMS after 2 hours of inactivity. You must close the course window to save your course results before you are logged out.