Finding Work: Post Beginner is an English language resource for students who want to understand the Australian work context and to develop the language they need to get a job.
Unit 1 provides information about work in Australia, including types of work and employment conditions.
Units 2 to 5 explores different aspects of the jobseeking processes including:
- defining goals and career pathways
- describing qualifications
- describing skills, qualities and experience
- identifying jobseeking resources
- reading advertisments
- ringing about a job
- completing resumes, application forms and cover letters
- preparing for and participating in an interview
The activities help students develop the language they need to engage in their own job search.