Beach Street 1 is a general English course designed for beginner to post-beginner level students of English. The resource features:
- ten units which follow the lives of the residents of a block of flats in a beach side suburb
- high interest topics including shopping, transport, health, accommodation and social relationships
- numerous models of spoken and written English
- activities to develop speaking, listening, reading, writing and pronunciation skills
- learning how to learn strategies
- assessment checklists and an answer key
A teacher’s book with tapescripts, step-by-step guide to using the student book in class and extension activities is also available.