The Course in Preliminary Spoken and Written English and the Certificates I–IV in Spoken and Written English (CSWE) are accredited by ASQA until 30 September 2018. An application for reaccreditation of the courses has been lodged with ASQA. They provide a framework for learners to develop English language and literacy skills and optional numeracy skills to undertake further education and training, seek and maintain employment and participate in the general community. The curriculum framework consists of 6 courses:
- 10361NAT Course in Preliminary Spoken and Written English
- 10362NAT Certificate I in Spoken and Written English
- 10363NAT Certificate II in Spoken and Written English
- 10364NAT Certificate III in Spoken and Written English
- 10366NAT Certificate IV in Spoken and Written English – Employment
- 10365NAT Certificate IV in Spoken and Written English – Further Studies
CSWE is an approved curriculum for the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) which is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training. It is also widely used in the Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) program.
To use the CSWE Curriculum Framework and curriculum documents, RTOs must hold the applicable CSWE licence. Please see the CSWE Licensing page to order a licence.